Yep, fritters can be healthy. Pair these fritters an egg or two and you’ve got yourself a healthy meal full of body lovin’ nutrients! Enjoy.
Makes: 7-9 Fritters / 4 serves
Small Bunch of Kale
1 tsp Sweet Paprika
2 tsp Garlic Powder [or 2 crushed cloves garlic]
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 cup Flour
1/4 cup Milk [or any kind of milk substitute]
2 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
50g Feta [we like persian or danish feta]
Olive oil for [very, very] shallow Frying
Salt and Pepper to taste.
1. Grate carrots and zucchini’s and put into colander and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 15mins. Come back and squeeze out all juices. Leave for another 15mins and do the same.
2. Boil kettle. Meanwhile, using your hands break the kale up into small pieces and place into a heat proof bowl.
3. Pour boiling water over the kale and leave for 30 seconds [this, and the next steps is how you get rid of the bitter flavour that kale has].
4. Drain the kale into colander and then rinse with running cold water.
5. Add Kale and drained carrot and zucchini into a bowl.
6. Add paprika, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper to the veggies and stir through.
7. Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, mix 2 eggs into mixture. Then add remaining ingredients until becomes a batter.
8. Add a heaped tablespoon of mixture to the frypan and fry for 2-3 minutes each side.
9. Once cooked on both sides, remove from pan and place fritter on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil and cool for you to then taste. Adjust mixture to taste.
10. Once happy with the taste, place 2 heaped tbsp of mixture per fritter and repeat steps 8-9.
Serve with eggs [we like poached], natural yoghurt and/or relish.
We hope you enjoy eating this wonderful nutritious meal! Keep a lookout because there are lots more healthy recipes coming your way! X